Active reading


Do you get distracted or excited about a concept while reading? Or you just start imagining the fact you read and relate it to your real-life experience. If this happens then you are an active reader.

Reading is although a passive thing to do. Writing is more active, some people just read so that they can get to sleep very easily some just for an interesting story. Some read it to feed your brain as if the horror or mystery or love stories could give them the excitement they are looking for.

But very few are always distracted even reading a paragraph. Why? I guess they start to either dissect the thought or idea they read or just trying to apply it to their current situation. Is it good? As per me we read to improve and gain knowledge, the best way to do this is starting to think about it, apply it to real-life situations so next time you could be ready or be better at it.

Actively reading means to gain knowledge. If you read and do not get distracted by thoughts then you take information transfer in your brain not use it. It is like USB data transfer from one storage to another, a book like a hard disk (portable) to your laptops' hard disk. It might go through RAM but it doesn't get applied anywhere. Whereas if you read it actively it is like an application file or *.exe file which starts actions and may stop data transfer but, it leads to active use or interaction of the information just fed in.

I am not an expert but I get distracted so many times in the reading book. Sometimes I have skipped some parts as even I get back to the paragraph and start reading it excites my mind to go somewhere else. Many of those paragraphs I skipped, I am trying to read a book for almost 6 months now, still read only 140 pages out of 200. That too in 3 sittings. One sitting 107, second time 127 then today only reached 140 but I had to get this active reading thing out of my mind another wise I would not be able to read further.

I do this, give the concept time, and write it down so it doesn't bother next time I try to read. Hope to your other side of the book. Keep reading, do you have any similar stories love to hear.

Comments

Popular Posts