Opportunity

What is the opportunity?
I always thought an idea will come from the front door, I have to just wait for it.
We have been always told that opportunity will knock your door you have to be ready to grab it. But many times we do not understand what opportunity looks like.
We do a SWOT - Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats, analysis and focus on strengths to opportunity conversion but never focus weakness or threats as a new unknown way to improve and achieve things. Weakness could be something like laziness or not able to talk in front of a bunch of people. If you explore it you may find something you have never thought of.
Like I am lazy, so how I see this as an opportunity rather a weakness? lazy people are the smartest people, they always find the shorted way to finish work and relax. How can I use this inherent nature of mine to use? If you ask this question you are heading in the right direction.
I took a small task of reading a book, but since I am lazy I did not finish any book. Then I found out a way to know the book by reading the synopsis or brief summary made up by some guys over the internet. This is a good idea to go around my laziness and gain knowledge.
Then I understood there are many people like me who don't get time or are just lazy. For those guys this is a really important thing, so after good research, I came to know about a booklet app, this guy initially started sending a summary recorded by himself on What's App then created a booklet app. It is a good thing to listen to rather than listening to some stupid songs.
So, this gave an opportunity for me to listen to books, slowly I got interested in a book called 'Subtle art of not giving a fuck', the name itself is catchy but it takes a long time for you to read and understand. I did, now I can read more than a few pages in one sitting.
So this laziness gave me an opportunity to get to booklet app, similarly focusing on your weaknesses or threats can change the way you see the world. You will get around reading one day and might make it my habit but for now. One book per month is more than enough.
If you have any similar weakness share with me we could create a new opportunity out of it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts